Yum

Side Quest: Craft Night - Deku Scrub Flower Picture

I have a habit of not throwing flowers out until they are dried and the cats start playing with petals that have fallen to the floor. Though, not necessarily a good habit, it did give me an idea today for a quick and easy project. The colors I had to work with today where orange, white and purple. So I thought "Why not a Deku Scrub?"

The flowers I used where tulips, but any dried flower that retains its colors when dried should work just fine.











Gear:
Dried flower petals
Glue - Craft or white glue is fine
Drawing paper
Scissors
Cup


Quest: 
Start by choosing your flower petals. This will give you your pallet to work with. Next you will want to find your picture. I chose the Deku Scrub from Majora's Mask. An evil looking thing, but a character I have not given enough recognition to.

Next I drew a sketch of the basic outline onto a piece of drawing paper. It's thicker than regular printer paper and will hold the media a little better for you.










Then, I divided the petals into their different colors and placed them in a cup and cut them with a scissors until very small.













Just like using glitter, put the glue where you want the color to be. Drop that color over the whole thing. Wait a few minutes to let it dry and tap the excess off. Touch up with one color before starting another. For this, I did the purple first, then orange and finally white.

I think this turned out really cool and it didn't take much time at all to complete.


Thanks for checking out the Zelda Gourmet! Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date with new posts!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Created By Sora Templates