Yum

Quest 69: Hyrule Baked French Toast


It has been a few weeks since the last post, and it has been eventful indeed. I just attended the gluten free feast in Minneapolis last week and there were a lot of different things I haven't had before. Both good and bad, GF products certainly run the spectrum of taste. It made me think about things I really used to enjoy before being diagnosed with Celiac and French Toast certainly made that list. The flavors are pretty generic and GF; however the bread is usually an issue. GF bread does not have a great reputation for being awesome. I have found some really horrible bread and some decent. Now, today I am using a brand that I have latched onto because I like it, but I am not being sponsored to use it. I hope you have options in your area and that you have the ability to try different ones to find what you like. Enjoy!

Gear!
8 Slices of Hearty Artisan GF Bread - such as Schar
4 Eggs
1 c.Half and Half
1 T. Cinnamon
1 T. Maple Syrup
1 t. Salt
1 T. Vanilla
Powdered Sugar
Strawberries

Quest!

In a throwaway aluminum pan, crack your eggs, add cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla and sugar. Beat together until it comes together.










Add half and half to the mix and beat together.
 Add the bread to the mixture. I dip the bread and stack it on top of each other, so that it all gets a start on the soaking process. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.

In the morning, a good deal of the mixture has been soaked up. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake in the oven for approx. 20-25 minutes.
The baked toast will be golden and delicious. As an added bonus, the remaining soak becomes custard that is super tasty.
Serve along side some bacon. Top with powdered sugar, Triforce cut strawberries and more maple syrup.This brunch should give you the Power to get through another lazy Sunday.










Be sure to follow on social media to stay up-to-date with all the latest from the Zelda Gourmet!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Created By Sora Templates